Saturday, August 30, 2008

Breaking bones....

Guess what happened to me on my BIRTHDAY? Well, on my way home from the volleyball course I was teaching at, lost in thought, I had a crash with my bike... when I got up from the road I was like - "Wow, I can move my shoulder, lucky me!"
But when I took a second feel, I realised I had not been so lucky after all - I noticed my right collarbone was facing the wrong way!
So I went to hospital to have an x-ray done - it looked a little like the pic above - was slightly flustered, got a corset at first, which should have moved the bone back where it belonged. But when I had a check up with a second X-ray on Thursday it had not moved as far as the docs had anticipated and, considering my profession and interests, I was advised to have it fixed with surgery... and then it will look a little like this:
So, on Monday next, I will undergo my first real surgery, well, I had my tonsils taken out when I was 8 or so, but I do not think that counts - it´s too far back, I guess!
Anyways, just wanted to give you guys and update on my situation, it´s not that bad, though, sounds worse than it really is - the pain is acceptable, I actually returned to the volleyball camp for Thursday and Friday - did not play, naturally, but was there to assist. And my lovely Rita is there to help me wash my hair and everything, so I´m alright, I reckon, and soon, we´ll be laughing about it.
Alright, gonna go now. If I get the x-rays, I´ll put one in here for you guys, maybe you´re interested? Wish me luck!
ERF

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Ernesto,

this injury will only make you stronger than you are anyway. Good Luck Ernsti aka Mr. ElasticSteel

I am watching you, Eric!

Anonymous said...

By the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY younker! For many good years to come ... CU
Eric